Virtual Primary Care with top doctors via video on your smartphone or computer!
Senior Backend Engineer (Python/Django)
PlushCare is a digital health startup with offices in San Francisco, CA and Vancouver, BC. At PlushCare, we believe in helping every individual achieve health and happiness. Our mission is to challenge the status quo by providing every person convenient and affordable access to the best-trained doctors in the country. We allow patients to skip the waiting room and get diagnosed, treated, and prescribed medication by top U.S. doctors via smartphone. We're looking for people to join our team to help bring healthcare to the next level.
PlushCare has already helped more than 150,000 patients and is available in all 50 states. We are in-network with all major health insurances and also accept uninsured patients making it very attractive to patients allowing us to scale our user base quickly. Our patients love us, and we consistently keep our NPS score upwards of 85 – the highest customer satisfaction in the healthcare industry!
Our investors include GGV Capital, LightSpeed Ventures, Maiden Lane Ventures, the CEO of Kodak, among other rockstar angel investors.
This is an opportunity to be part of a promising early-stage startup in the exciting digital health space and to drive a new generation healthcare platform. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As an experienced backend engineer, you will work on everything from building highly-scalable and secure services using Python/Django communicating with PlushCare’s applications as well as their partners to being a contributor in the core algorithms that determine physician utilization, allowing patients to experience world class care from world class doctors.
You will be leading the architecture and technology choices and help bring the product to the next level of scale.
What you’ll do
- Utilizing Python/Django you build highly scalable, maintainable micro services
- Drive and shape architecture and lead engineering effort of the highly rated PlushCare platform
- Design and implement complex systems and user workflows under tight deadlines
- Own projects end-to-end, from developing prototypes to ensuring reliable roll-outs to large healthcare systems
- Communicate clearly and effectively with operations, marketing, and the rest of the team
- Collaborate with product management, design, and other engineers to create a cohesive, consistent and easy to use application across all platforms
What we’re looking for
- Experience building large, complex backend systems with a large user base (5+ years)
- Experience building a service oriented architecture using independent micro services
- Excellent knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience using modern technologies for build and testing pipeline like Webpack, and CircleCI
- Strong team player in a flat-structured, highly-collaborative, agile environment is a must
- Strong understanding of client side software, and building efficient back-end services for mobile applications
- Experience in the e-commerce or telemedicine space
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Experience with React or other front-end technologies
- Diverse and driven individuals who want to make talking to your doctor an amazing experience
PlushCare at a glance
PlushCare focuses on Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, Personal Health, Health and Wellness, and Mobile Health. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Silicon Valley. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, PlushCare has raised $8.88M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.