Virtual Primary Care with top doctors via video on your smartphone or computer!
Senior Full-stack Engineer (Django/React)
PlushCare is a premier VC backed company innovating healthcare by providing easier access to high quality healthcare. Our mission is to provide patients with the best experience and the best doctors. Our technology platform enables over 200K patients (and growing!) to talk to a doctor who has trained at a top 50 US medical institution from the convenience of their phone or computer. It’s high quality primary care that puts the patient at the center. With the highest NPS of 90 and an App Store rating of 4.9, we strive to provide the healthcare experience that patients deserve. We're growing rapidly and looking for people to join our passionate team.
As an experienced full-stack engineer, you will work on designing beautiful and modern interfaces for our doctors and patients, allowing patients to experience world class care from world class doctors.
What you’ll do
- Build highly scalable, maintainable micro services with REST APIs using Python/Django
- Design and implement complex systems and user workflows under tight deadlines using React/Redux
- Drive and shape architecture and lead engineering effort of the highly rated PlushCare platform
- Own projects end-to-end, from developing prototypes through ensuring reliable roll-outs to large healthcare systems in two-week sprints
- Follow best practices to build an easy to maintain and extend, high performing application
- Collaborate with product management, design, and other engineers to create a cohesive, consistent and easy to use application across all platforms
What we’re looking for
- Experience building complex web-based applications with large user base (5+ years) using Python/Django and React
- Excellent knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience using modern technologies for build and testing pipeline like Webpack, Jest/Enzyme and CircleCI
- Strong team player in a flat-structured, highly-collaborative, agile environment is a must
- Communicate clearly and effectively with operations, marketing, and the rest of the team
- Experience with native iOS or Android development
- Experience in the e-commerce or telemedicine space
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Diverse and driven individuals who want to make talking to your doctor an amazing experience
We are proud to embrace a diverse & inclusive workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
PlushCare at a glance
PlushCare focuses on Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, Personal Health, Health and Wellness, and Mobile Health. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Silicon Valley. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, PlushCare has raised $8.88M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.