Plume is the backbone of the services customers demand from operators
Sr. Embedded Software/Application Engineer (Wifi/Networking/SDK)
Plume is committed to powering operator services beyond traditional voice, video and data.
We believe that the core competitive advantage in the over-the-top era resides in your ability to create new services at high cadence, deploy them at massive scale, and to orchestrate through a common data set. We architected the Plume Platform As a Service (PaaS) precisely with this intent. Our flexible cloud control plane paired with the OpenSync™ open source device software stack decouples service creation and delivery from dependence on proprietary hardware.
We are looking for experienced embedded software engineers that can help us continue to innovate and expand the OpenSync™ software stack while supporting our customers and partners, including ODMs, to integrate it into their solutions.
- Develop code using the C programming language for embedded environments, with portability to various processors and platforms in mind
- Integrate OpenSync software into customer platforms
- Work and integrate with OEM SDK & middleware software
- Assist with development and architectural design to meet specific customer needs for their integrated solution
- Oversee customer reported issues, consolidate them into a resolution plan
- Ability to debug issues across the software stack including hardware functionality.
- Develop quick workarounds to time-critical issues and provide long term solutions
- Deliver technical presentations to customers, partners and prospects
- Translate customer business issues and requirements into technical solutions
- Manage technical scopes, requirements and end-user expectations
- Ability to lead projects, and manage complicated development schedules
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to customers and partners
- Evaluate product / software features and resolve related bugs
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in embedded software development using the C language
- Experience developing software using embedded SDKs and frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and strong team player
- Experience with Wi-Fi CPE stack and application software (OpenWrt, DD-WRT, Android, RDKB, etc.) development and debugging
- Experience in designing, developing, optimizing and maintaining networking and wireless products, including but not limited to, wireless routers, residential gateways, set-top boxes, repeaters, extenders, and other Wi-Fi related products
- Strong competence and experience in Layer 2, Layer 3 networking
- Experience interacting with embedded devices using methods such as syslog, serial console, and SSH.
Plume Design at a glance
Plume Design focuses on Internet Service Providers and Cloud Data Services. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plume Design has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.