Plume is the backbone of the services customers demand from operators
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Kernel/Networking/Wifi/Security)
Job Summary - Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Plume is committed to powering operator services beyond traditional voice, video and data.
We believe that the core competitive advantage in the over-the-top era resides in your ability to create new services at high cadence, deploy them at massive scale, and to orchestrate through a common data set. We architected the Plume Platform As a Service (PaaS) precisely with this intent. Our flexible cloud control plane paired with the OpenSync™ open source device software stack decouples service creation and delivery from dependence on proprietary hardware.
We are looking for experienced embedded software engineers that can help us continue to innovate and expand both the OpenSync™ software stack as well as services running on top of it.
- Design and develop new applications for embedded Linux, with supporting unit tests and documentation
- Develop code using the C programming language for embedded environments, with portability to various processors and platforms in mind
- Ability to lead projects, and manage complicated development schedules
- Review and manage existing code and designs
- Perform hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Work with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
- Work directly with customers to understand requirements and triage issues
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in embedded software development using the C language
- Experience developing software using embedded SDKs and frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and strong team player
- Experience interacting with embedded devices using methods such as syslog, serial console, and SSH.
Must be a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more of the following areas:
- Linux kernel networking stack knowledge (Netdevice, SKB, IP Conntrack, OVS)
- Linux network device driver/data-path performance expertise
- Strong competence and experience in Layer 2, Layer 3 networking, QoS
- Network and/or application security expertise (L2/L3 firewall, DPI, IDS, IPS)
- Experience in 802.11 Wi-Fi systems, standards and protocols.
- Experience with Wi-Fi protocols such as 802.11k, 802.11v, 802.11r
Plume Design at a glance
Plume Design focuses on Internet Service Providers and Cloud Data Services. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plume Design has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.