Plume is the backbone of the services customers demand from operators
Sr. Front-End Software Developer$150k – $175k • 0.02% – 0.04%
Plume crafts new-to-planet IoT experiences built on top of the world’s best performing home WiFi system. Plume’s web-based tools are critical parts of that customer journey, including internal tools that provide a variety of utilities, insights, and data visualizations to assist our engineering and customer support teams, as well as our ISP partners.
We’re looking for a senior front end developer to work on both Angular and React applications. You will be expanding the tools with new features, maintaining or improving existing features, and updating application frameworks and architecture. As a senior developer you will own features and subsystems from design through implementation and testing. As a member of a small and integrated team we cover a lot of ground and you will have a deep impact on how the world sees Plume.
- Design and implement a variety of features and functionality across multiple Plume projects, including our NOC (Network Operations Center), network tools and data visualization applications
- Work closely with product and API teams to synchronize feature roll out.
- Assist in D3 and/or related data visualization implementations.
- Build out new products and UI to support our existing customers as well as channel and industry partners.
- Help migrate systems to the latest web application frameworks (i.e. upgrading AngularJS to Angular or migration from JS to TS) and evaluate new technologies.
- Unit-test code for robustness, usability, and general reliability.
- Help develop & maintain design patterns for clean & usable codebases.
- Work to maintain tight system integration, catch/fix early bugs, and help steer how our back-end integrates with various web and mobile products for both internal and customer-facing use.
- 5+ years experience developing commercial websites with API integrations.
- Significant experience with Angular (both AngularJS and modern Angular) and/or React
- Experience with modern languages and architectures including typescript, application routing, SSO and design libraries
- Comfortable working across multiple codebases on multiple projects; while collaborating in house experts, vendors and offshore teams
- Experience and understanding of various build and deployment pipelines ( examples: npm, bower, aws, heroku)
- A firm understanding of responsive design techniques and design patterns.
- Knowledge of D3 and/or other charting/dataviz platforms.
- Experience with modern CSS layout/animation techniques, and tools like SASS/SCSS/etc.
- Experience with writing, testing, running, and deploying NodeJS/Express apps and APIs a plus.
- Experience with responsive HTML emails, SSO integration and front end security are all a plus.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
Plume Design at a glance
Plume Design focuses on Internet Service Providers and Cloud Data Services. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plume Design has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.