API platform for Voice call & SMS
Manager - Technical Support
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
Plivo is looking for an experienced manager to manage a dynamic team, oversee the support delivery, talent management, and customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for managing and developing some of the brightest technical talents which drive customer satisfaction and product support which is critical to Plivo's success.
As one of the innovative platforms on Cloud Telephony, the support teams at Plivo help the ever-increasing global customer base each year. We deliver technical support to our business customers on a variety of our services and products.
As part of this role, you will be managing support teams during APAC and EMEA time to ensure excellent support delivery for high customer satisfaction, manage escalations proactively and reactively, do workforce planning and staffing, coach and guide the team, participate in the regular business meeting to present the status to executives, performance review for the team, drive technical and professional role readiness, recognize and develop individuals' strengths in the team, align to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results, be an influencer and collaborate with relevant teams internally to drive the change that enhances the customer experience, etc.
- Manage and lead the support team with a focus on team performance
- Lead, schedule, and coordinate daily work, meetings, and projects relevant to the team and unit
- Be on top of the Plivo products, offerings and day to day business operationsFocus on customer satisfaction, technical proficiency, timeliness of support delivery, and understanding customer needs around speed, quality, and value
- Drive support excellence initiatives to enhance the customer's support experience
- Prepare business continuity plan from support delivery perspective
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis and coach engineers on improving communication skills, technical ability, and speed of customer and internal deliverables
- Be responsible to assess employees’ performance on a regular basis
- Ensure team members develop their professional skills through active participation in relevant events, training, mentoring, and communities
- Manage high priority escalations with finesse
- Take charge of the situation at your level and respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned; engage directly with customers, internal escalation/engineering teams, upper management, and ensure robust status communication
- Technical troubleshooting/ debugging experience, programming experience preferably in the open-source language(s) [PHP, PYTHON, RUBY, JAVA etc], knowledge in database, SQL queries
- Minimum 2+ years of strong people management experience managing diverse teams, headcount & staffing plans
- Minimum 7+ years of solid support or technical service delivery experience to global customers
- Business data analysis and good skills in tools such as MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Extremely customer focused
- Program management skills
- Deal with ambiguity and resolve it
Perks and Benefits
- Empowerment to plan and execute
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team
- Career advancement opportunities
- Generous leave policy
Great healthcare, dental, & vision benefits.
Competitive salary & equity packages.
Endless supply of snacks and beverages of your choice.
Informal work style & open culture
Choose your own work environment (Mac/Linux & Monitors).
Be part of fun, smart, passionate multi-cultural & merit-driven team.
Plivo at a glance
Plivo focuses on Mobile, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications, Audio, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plivo has raised $1.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2012.