API platform for Voice call & SMS
202001 - Senior Manager - DevOps
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for delivering DevOps roadmap from conceptualisation to delivery of current and next-generation tools & technologies.
- You will build a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency to the processes through out-of-the-box thinking.
- Drive the team for mission-critical 24x7x365 operations.
- Hire, train, mentor and grow a high-performing team of DevOps engineers.
- Hands-on Linux, Networking & Cloud administration skills.
- Work with vendors for commercial contractors, technology evaluation for 3rd party services as and when required.
- Collaborate with all the key stakeholders to establish best practices for Infrastructure governance and security.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, applications, and tools as required.
- Keep abreast of technologies that help solve availability, scalability of distributed infrastructure in a low latency, high traffic setup.
- 10+ years of DevOps experience with a minimum 2 years of people management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Expertise in best engineering practices, security and agile methodologies.
- Proven track record of building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and ability to inspire the floor by solving complex problems.
- Experience working in a startup environment will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers, developers, vendors, and peers.
- Ability to communicate, motivate, and deliver results by collaborating with all stakeholders.
- Must have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience on Linux & Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google cloud.
- Solid understanding of operational principles, such as proactive capacity planning, monitoring, distributed systems, technology migrations, and incident handling.
- Must have well-executed planned application/database or infrastructure changes with zero downtimes.
- Ability to partner with the ecosystem effectively (Product / Support / Engineering / HR / Partners).
- Must have extensive experience working on mission-critical 24*7 high traffic systems producing large data for log analysis, application performance & tracing events, infrastructure resource monitoring.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Empowerment to plan and execute.
- Medical and Life Insurance.
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Generous leave policy.
Great healthcare, dental, & vision benefits.
Competitive salary & equity packages.
Endless supply of snacks and beverages of your choice.
Informal work style & open culture
Choose your own work environment (Mac/Linux & Monitors).
Be part of fun, smart, passionate multi-cultural & merit-driven team.
Plivo at a glance
Plivo focuses on Mobile, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications, Audio, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plivo has raised $1.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2012.