API platform for Voice call & SMS
2020037 - Full Stack Developer - II
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and implement features used by large customers like Truecaller, Mozilla, Zomato, Netflix, etc.
- Performance, Security and Usability goals are in DNA.
- Full ownership and accountability of Microservices which includes day-to-day operations and maintenance.
- Business and technical Metric definitions and reviews.
- Drive CI & CD Evaluate technologies and development stacks for API based platform which scales to 100,000 transactions per second.
- Perform push-button deployments of any version of the software to any environment on demand.
- Design and build web apps which are scalable and puts user experience front and centre.
- Develop modular UI components for company-wide reuse.
- Evolve a common design language for UI across apps.
- Establish and advocate front-end coding guidelines.
- Meld UX and great looking UI while keeping excellent code quality.
- Own end to end life cycle of the product from requirement analysis, design, development, test, release and maintenance.
- Develop reusable tools/librariesIdentify opportunities for automation and collaboration points.
- Continuously improve cycle time, throughput, and code quality.
- Continuously improve value-adding-activities/non-value-adding activities ratio.
- 4 - 6 years of overall experience with at least 2 years as a full stack developer.
- Proficient in at least one OO language: Python (preferred) / GoLang.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Excellent Microservices pattern understanding.
- Ability to define cross core contracts and bring them to closure through collaboration.
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience working with AWS components [EC2, S3, SNS, SQS]Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Git and proficiency with at least one build server: Jenkins / Travis / Bamboo .
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours.
- Endless snacks and beveragesFree gym membership.
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.
Great healthcare, dental, & vision benefits.
Competitive salary & equity packages.
Endless supply of snacks and beverages of your choice.
Informal work style & open culture
Choose your own work environment (Mac/Linux & Monitors).
Be part of fun, smart, passionate multi-cultural & merit-driven team.
Plivo at a glance
Plivo focuses on Mobile, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications, Audio, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plivo has raised $1.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2012.