API platform for Voice call & SMS
2020030 - Software Development Engineer II - UI
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- A self-driven, hard-working UI engineer with an eye for detail.
- Build solutions that’ll be used by thousands of enterprises globally.
- Meld UX and great looking UI while keeping excellent code quality.
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment and work with challenging timelines.
- Design and build web apps which are scalable, puts user experience front and centre.
- Develop modular UI components for company-wide reuse.
- Evolve a common design language for UI across apps.
- Establish and advocate front-end coding guidelines.
- Iterate UI features with high speed.
- Work with ambiguous product requirements and shared backend APIs.
- 4-6 years of overall experience with 2-4 years experience working on UI frameworks like React / React Native .
- Big plus if familiar with building desktop applications using Electron or publishing mobile applications built using React Native via Expo.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Ability to define cross core contracts and bring them to closure through collaboration.
- Preferred to have knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices .
- Preferred to have experience working with AWS components [EC2, S3, SNS, SQS] .
- Analytical and problem-solving skills .
- Working knowledge of Git and proficiency with at least one build server: Jenkins / Travis / Bamboo .
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Empowerment to plan and execute.
- Medical and Life Insurance.
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Generous leave policy.
Great healthcare, dental, & vision benefits.
Competitive salary & equity packages.
Endless supply of snacks and beverages of your choice.
Informal work style & open culture
Choose your own work environment (Mac/Linux & Monitors).
Be part of fun, smart, passionate multi-cultural & merit-driven team.
Plivo at a glance
Plivo focuses on Mobile, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications, Audio, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plivo has raised $1.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2012.