API platform for Voice call & SMS
2020016 - Software Development Engineer in Test - II (Web/Mobile)
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Design and build test frameworks which are easy to use and open for extension.
- Enable test automation for a large suite of web, mobile apps and services.
- Drive test coverage and code quality of rapidly iterated apps and services.
- Establish build/deploy pipeline for components built with varied tech stacks(Python, Golang).
- Develop test plans and strategies for new features/components with a focus on automation.
- Mentor fellow engineers on test frameworks, strategies and coverage.
- Work across team to figure out the requirement and priority.
- 5-8 years of experience with at least 2 years of experience working with React/React Native applications.
- Proficient in at-least one OO language: Python(preferred) / Java / Ruby.
- Expert in at-least one web automation framework: Selenium(preferred) / Watir.
- Experience in Mobile application testing is preferred.
- Proficient in performance testing tools.
- Good understanding of software architecture: Front-end MVC frameworks, Rest APIs.
- Good understanding of testing principles: Stress testing, Functional/Regression testing, Code coverage, TDD/BDD, UAT.
- Working knowledge of VCS and proficiency with at-least one continuous integration server: Jenkins / Travis / Bamboo.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Must have passion for quality and automation.
- Must have ability to work in agile environment
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Empowerment to plan and execute.
- Medical and Life Insurance .
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team.
- Career advancement opportunities .
- Generous leave policy.
Great healthcare, dental, & vision benefits.
Competitive salary & equity packages.
Endless supply of snacks and beverages of your choice.
Informal work style & open culture
Choose your own work environment (Mac/Linux & Monitors).
Be part of fun, smart, passionate multi-cultural & merit-driven team.
Plivo at a glance
Plivo focuses on Mobile, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications, Audio, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Plivo has raised $1.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2012.