Social music streaming
Senior Server Engineer - RoR, MongoDB, Redis, Heroku$125k – $175k • 0.5% – 1.0%
Playlist is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails engineer with MongoDB experience to help advance our large-scale, fast growing consumer app. Offices in Palo Alto, CA.
What you will be doing
- Designing and implementing server-side features for our flagship iOS app.
- Collaborating with the design team to create innovative user experiences.
- Releasing iteratively in an agile software development environment.
- Collaborating closely with the mobile team and the product team to define and implement features.
What you need to work with us
- 5+ years of experience with RoR
- Proficiency in REST APIs, Redis and MongoDB.
- A hunger to learn (about code, tech, and yourself).
- A hunger to build (apps, code, and most importantly: a blisteringly awesome development team).
- Experience working with a remote/distributed engineering team -- Able to self manage
What would make you stand out
- Considerable programming experience with Ruby and MongoDB.
- Ability to be an high powered engineer who strives to understand the toughest problems and propose creative solutions.
- Passion for creating high quality mobile apps.
- rspec unit testing experience
- A love of Music
Meet your team
Playlist at a glance
Playlist focuses on Digital Media, Digital Entertainment, Music Services, and Social Network. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Playlist has raised $2.415M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2015.