Plato is on a mission to help engineering + product leaders become better leaders
Software Engineering Intern$30k – $50k • No equity
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
At Plato, you’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment, collaborative and thoughtful team members, lots of natural light. Plato provides everything you personally need to get your job done. We are passionate about our mission and are lucky to see the impact of our work, everyday!
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about building products that can last. If you are looking for challenges, and want to have impact in a fast growing company, come and join us!
Who you are
- A mission-driven person: At Plato, we're all passionate about our mission to elevate the leadership game in the world
- A product engineer: You will not be building features without having challenged it and fully understand the user value
- A strong technologist: you're confortable in both Back-end and Front-end
- A team-player: You can talk and understand non-technical people and work with team easily
- A pragmatist: your solutions are not ivory towers but driven by the context
- A thinker: you are logical, can evaluate a problem quickly, abstract it and propose solutions
- Experience in development: 1-3 years of development experience
- Natural leadership skills: Communication, Pedagogy, Grit, Patience
- Fluent in english
- As a team, you will choose the technical stack and right tools given our stage
- Build a new web product from scratch
- As a team, define the architecture for our product
- As a team, define the development norms and methods for the team
- Ensure quality by reviewing the team’s code
- Learn from the best Engineers and Engineering leaders in the world (https://www.platohq.com/mentors)
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.
Meet your team
Generous healthcare benefits
Generous parental leave
generous stock options
High equity for key employees
Unlimited vacation policy
Plato at a glance
Plato focuses on SaaS, Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Small and Medium Businesses, and Professional Services. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Plato has raised $3.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.