Plato is on a mission to help engineering + product leaders become better leaders
Talent coach$20k – $45k • No equity
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
We are looking for a Talent Coach who will augment the current team of 4 coaches at the moment to help face the growing demand of our mentorship program.
As a Talent Coach, you are the mentees’ gateway to our amazing community of hundreds of mentors. Because mentorship is not so easy, your role is critical to make sure mentees get the most out of the platform, achieve goals, match with the right mentors and ultimately grow as successful tech leaders.
This is a dynamic opportunity that’s customer-facing and strategic. Your day-to-day will consist of coaching our users by onboarding them and helping them find their perfect mentors. At Plato you’ll have a big impact on the growth of a promising startup as well as the career development of 100’s of engineering and product leaders.
You’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment and collaborative and thoughtful team members. We are passionate about our mission and are lucky to see the impact of our work, every day!
REQUIREMENTS - Must Haves
- Building rapport with customers - You feel at ease when you're with them
- Communication - You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Flexibility / adaptability - You can adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Enthusiasm - You exhibits passion and excitement over work and have a "can-do attitude".
- Attention to detail - You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistent - You demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
REQUIREMENTS - Nice to Haves
- 1-3 years in a customer facing role (Sales, CS, Support...)
- Leading a conversation - You are able to drive the conversation and execute on previously set goals
- Onboarding calls with mentees to set them up for success
- Check-in calls with mentees to make sure they are on track and measure their progress
- Respond and react to key events (rescheduling, calls done...)
- On going logistical support
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.
Generous healthcare benefits
Generous parental leave
generous stock options
High equity for key employees
Unlimited vacation policy
Plato at a glance
Plato focuses on SaaS, Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Small and Medium Businesses, and Professional Services. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Plato has raised $3.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.