Continuous Deployment Cloud Hosting
DevOps / SRE (remote, based in APAC)
Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications.
To reinforce our technical prowess, we are looking to grow our operations team. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be just the job for you
For its PaaS solution https://platform.sh is looking for an Operations and Service Reliability Engineer with a taste for Python and Go, great Linux system understanding, and a real hunger for the challenges of building robust, distributed systems.
Platform.sh is a PaaS shrouded in a lot of black magic (we can consistently clone a whole running cluster, with its state, databases, indexes in a matter of seconds). We want to get this down to the hundreds of milliseconds domain. Interested? There is more...
Our external API is pure Hypermedia REST + oAuth on top of Pyramid. It mechanizes the Git layer and needs more features.
We can consistently generate from the same manifest a Docker container, an LXC one, or VM disk images (AWS, Azure, OpenStack), we want more targets.
We probably have the highest industry container density. We need to get it higher.
We support any Python, Ruby, NodeJS or PHP, Java and .NET, time to roll-out Elixir, of course, Elixir (and Rust. We need Rust).
Directly reporting to one of our Directors for the Operations Infrastructure Department and in close interaction with our Engineering and Customer Success teams, you will be responsible for:
- cloud operations: configure clusters, deploy stuff, follow-up on alerts, help customer support debug issues.
- automating all of the above so they can instead drink margaritas (or non-alcoholic beverages, of course)
- creating systems, tools & processes that will enhance our support and operations efficiency
- improving service quality, discipline and reliability throughout lifecycle
- monitoring operating objectives, streamline and automate intervention
- continuous learning from Operations experience, modeled as software
**This is a fully remote position for a candidate based in APAC.
The ideal candidate**
- has proven successful experience in an operations role,
- has demonstrated the ability to successfully manage cloud-based infrastructure for a fast growing organization,
- has experience with containerization technologies,
- has had exposure to cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, ...),
- understands how an OS works, knows networking, how git works, and the constraints of a distributed system,
- Puppet experience,
- is proficient in Python (Golang a plus).
Nice to have
- knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3.
Note: we don't like stress, so we build everything to be robust and resilient, but stuff does break. This is a role with on-call duties and fire drills. If this fills you with dread... well, this might not be a fit for you.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.