Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
Data Scientist - Analytics
We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create this next generation of financial services applications. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system. Plaid’s infrastructure handles millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. We pride ourselves on maintaining a robust API to support the developers who depend on us and the millions of consumers who use their apps.
Making data driven decisions is key to Plaid's culture. To support that, we need a data science team that can apply their analytical skills to understand our users and influence decision making. This includes: building and maintaining core data sets and metrics, helping teams like Developer Experience and Consumer Experience design experiments and running in-depth follow up analyses, and supporting, educating, and providing guidance to teams on their product decisions.
We're guided by our principles including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Working closely with product teams to identify important questions and answer them with data
- Designing and interpreting experiments to measure the impact of new features on Plaid
- Defining core data sets and schemas, as well as visualizing and tracking key metrics
- Running impactful inferential analyses and data investigations to identify recurring patterns, root causes, and propose actionable product solutions
- Communicating analyses and data-backed recommendations to stakeholders
- Championing a data-first approach toward decision-making across the entire organization
- Mentoring and growing other data scientists into senior roles and establishing a culture of statistical excellence
What excites us
- 5+ years of industry experience in a Product Data Science role
- Deep understanding of various statistical techniques and experimentation analysis workflows
- Strong familiarity with SQL, data visualization tools, and working knowledge of Python
- Data engineering experience and data pipeline tooling (e.g. Airflow, Redshift) experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or a closely related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.