Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, we work at the intersection of technology and finance on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. We deal with novel issues every day that require cross-functional work across Plaid’s risk, product, engineering, and business teams. We’re looking for a thoughtful and strategic lawyer to join our growing legal team as a Product Counsel.
Based in San Francisco, in this role you will be primarily responsible for advising our product team and other key stakeholders on a range of issues, including regulatory, marketing, data security, and privacy. We’re looking for a collaborative team member with strong problem-solving skills who can manage multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
What Excites You
- Counseling the product team and other stakeholders on relevant federal and state consumer financial services laws, as well as issues related to marketing, data security, and privacy
- Coordinating and collaborating across Plaid’s compliance, product, engineering, and business teams relating to product development
- Designing and developing legal processes to help support the launch of new products and services
- Anticipating and identifying risks, and proposing creative and effective solutions to address those risks
What Excites Us
- J.D. degree, with 4+ years of relevant legal experience at a top law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department, preferably with experience at a fast-growing startup
- Familiarity with state and federal consumer financial services laws and regulations, including data security and privacy laws
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project-management skills, with attention to detail
- Good sense of humor
- Admitted to the California Bar in good standing, or eligible to register as in-house counsel with the California Bar
- Excitement for Plaid’s mission and fintech
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.