Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
Head of Account Management
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
The Growth team at Plaid combines deep technical, product, and industry knowledge to help our customers build and scale amazing applications. We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years.
Plaid is looking for a Head of Account Management to lead the team in charge of managing and growing Plaid’s customers, including the smallest startups and the largest enterprises. As a member of the Growth leadership team, you’ll play a key role in defining our Account Management strategy, cultivating relationships with key executive stakeholders across Plaid’s largest customers, and executing on expansion opportunities that drive meaningful revenue growth for the company.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute a compelling account management strategy that drives success for Plaid and our customers over the long term
- Drive meaningful revenue growth and opportunities across Plaid’s existing customer base as we continue to scale rapidly
- Grow, develop, and lead a team of world-class account managers
- Become a key customer partner, developing strategic relationships with founders and executives of Plaid’s largest and most strategic customers
- Working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment that is different every day
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to be more ambitious
What excites us
- 8+ years of experience managing and growing a team of top performing contributors in a Fintech or SaaS environment
- Historical track record of successfully leading and scaling top performing customer and revenue focused teams
- Strong people manager, coach, and mentor, who can guide the team in developing consultative account management and sales skills
- Significant experience in pipeline management and successful execution against significant revenue targets involving large and complex customers
- Strong relationship skills, high EQ, and a long term, partnership-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- Passion for Plaid’s mission and the inclusive financial ecosystem our customers are building towards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.