Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe and Coinbase to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from prominent Silicon Valley investors including Mary Meeker, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and Spark Capital, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
The Plaid Legal team works at the intersection of technology and finance on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic solutions. You will join a small but talented Legal team that deals with novel issues every day, and you will work collaboratively across Plaid’s risk, product, and business teams, as well as with our customers and partners. While the primary focus of this role is commercial contracts, a core principle of Plaid is to "make it better" and you will have opportunities to design and improve scaleable processes and workflow.
What Excites You
- With minimal supervision from attorneys, drafting and negotiating NDAs, vendor agreements, standard sales and partnership agreements, and renewals and amendments to existing agreements
- Designing, building, and improving contract processes, workflows, metrics, and document management as we scale
- Project-managing and providing negotiation support to commercial attorneys in connection with complex deals and legal projects
- Providing first-line advice and triage on inbound contract-related requests
What Excites Us
- 5+ years of relevant experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on a variety of commercial contracts
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Experience building and managing contract management tools (including Salesforce), and processes
- Experience working cross-functionally with business, technical, legal, and finance team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.