Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, we work at the intersection of technology and finance on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. We deal with novel issues every day that require cross-functional work across Plaid’s risk, product, engineering, and business teams. We’re looking for a thoughtful and detailed-oriented paralegal to join our growing legal team as a Litigation Paralegal.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to Plaid’s Litigation Counsel, in this role you will be primarily responsible for providing organizational and substantive support to the Legal Team on pre-litigation disputes, litigation, and regulatory matters. We’re looking for a collaborative and motivated team member with excellent judgement who can juggle multiple time-sensitive and high-priority tasks.
What Excites You
- Supporting the Legal Team and external litigation counsel in pre-litigation disputes, all stages of litigation, and regulatory investigations
- Conducting fact-finding investigations, and collecting, analyzing, and organizing data, documents, and information
- Assisting the Legal Team and outside counsel in gathering responsive information and responding to information requests, subpoenas, and civil investigative demands from government agencies and civil litigants
- Managing complex discovery processes, including the collection, retention, and production of data, documents, and information
- Drafting legal documents, including settlement agreements, legal hold notices, subpoena responses, and discovery responses
- Providing general paralegal support for the Legal Team
What Excites Us
- 5+ years of relevant experience handling litigation at a law firm or in-house, preferably with at least some experience at a fast-growing startup
- Experience working with complex electronic discovery, civil litigation, regulatory investigations, and third-party subpoenas
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong project-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects in a highly demanding environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, fact-finding and negotiation skills, with high attention to detail
- Good sense of humor
- Excitement for Plaid’s mission and fintech
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.