Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal.
Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Plaid has grown to almost 500 people worldwide. The team relies on the People Operations function to enable them to do their best work without worrying about the minutiae of their benefits and working situations. We’re a critical component of Plaid’s future success and we’re looking for a HR Generalist to grow and support our global team.
What Excites You
- Lead efforts in evaluating, creating and optimizing People processes and policies
- Serve as subject matter expert and escalation point of contact for HR-related questions
- Maintain employee records and documentation in all systems (ADP, Lattice, Dropbox), ensuring data integrity
- Oversee Leaves of Absence (LOAs), open enrollment and benefits administration
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of global immigration strategy and global mobility program
- Collaborate with the overall People team to elevate the employee lifecycle through data-driven research, analytics, and best practices
- Ensure compliance with all current state and federal reporting and employment regulations
What Excites Us
- 5+ years of experience in People/HR function, ideally within a high growth tech company
- Knowledgeable about global expansion, employment law, LOA administration, and people policy development
- Employee first approach to problem solving
- Strong project management skills with the ability to rigorously prioritize in a constantly evolving environment
- Low ego; no task is too small to deserve your full effort and enthusiasm
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency, while maintaining accuracy and data integrity
- Impeccable level of discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Bonus points: mentored members of the team, involved in performance management, pulse surveys, or organizational design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.