Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe and Coinbase to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Plaid’s Total Rewards team builds the infrastructure, tools, and analytics to ensure global rewards and recognition at Plaid are positioned competitively and aligned with our internal values. You will work closely with the Total Rewards Lead to build the team and strategy from the ground up, lead compensation programs, and partner with leaders across the business to ensure our compensation practices are bringing on and keeping great talent at Plaid.
What excites you
- Partnering with Total Rewards Lead to design, implement, and scale all aspects of global compensation at Plaid that effectively motivates and retains great talent across a diverse workforce
- Partnering with leaders across the entire organization to improve upon existing compensation strategy
- Creating a positive compensation experience for our employees that allows them to clearly understand their compensation across the entire employee lifecycle
- Responding to compensation-related data requests from Managers, HR Business Partners, and Recruiters and providing analytics to support strategic decision making
- Building consultative and collaborative relationships with key partners in HR, Recruiting, Finance, and across business leadership
- Regularly analyzing external markets and making recommendations to adjust internal competitiveness
- Owning and improving upon Plaid’s compensation programs including compensation review cycles and bonus programs
- Implementing systems and processes in order to scale compensation practices and programs across the organization
- Partnering with Recruiting and Hiring Managers in the recruiting process
- Partnering with Finance and Business Operations in the annual and quarterly planning process
What excites us
- 5+ years of experience in compensation analyst/consultant role
- Prior Total Rewards experience at a high-growth SaaS or platform companies, ideally pre-and post-IPO, or at a top tier consulting firm
- Ability to build strong partnerships, influence decisions, and communicate complex work in a clear and concise manner across a variety of audiences from our leaders to our employees
- Experience working closely with leadership in the company
- Expert modeling skills and experience with analytics, Excel, PowerPoint and HR Systems
- Experience in one or more of the following compensation disciplines: salary and incentive plan design and administration, sales compensation, international compensation, equity compensation, executive pay
- Broad knowledge of market trends and compliance related issues
- High level of responsiveness, excellent time and deadline management
- Experience working in high performance focused environments and leading programs
- High level of ownerships, organization, confidentiality, attention to detail, and penchant for documentation
- Experience implementing systems is a plus
- Experience with Workday is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.