Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
Senior Software Engineer - Product Engineering (Financial Identity Team)
Product engineering teams at Plaid strive to make interacting with financial data not only better but delightful. We believe that the key to solving finance’s biggest problems lies in meeting modern user expectations. The way we do this is by making access to the financial ecosystem dirt-simple for developers, and in doing so help developers bring unique value to consumers and businesses.
The Financial Identity Team (FIT) is responsible for partnering with clients who need to understand a consumer’s financial identity in order to offer them new financial services. For example, a neo-bank needs to verify the identity of a user that signs up. Once the user signs up, the neo-bank would like to become the users primary bank account by moving their direct deposits, bill pay, etc to this new account. The FIT team makes this easy for developers by handling user authentication, and offering a handful of simple to integrate APIs.
We are looking for engineers who understand what it means to discover, build and iterate on scalable products that power our customers’ use cases. This means being able to work across the entire stack when needed, collaborating with cross functional partners and setting the long-term technical direction for new products. Our engineering culture is IC-driven—we favor bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our incredibly talented team. As a result we are looking for engineers who are excited by leading projects through setting technical direction and mentoring those around them. We are looking for engineers who are motivated by creating impact for our consumers and customers, growing together as a team, shipping the MVP, and leaving things better than we found them.
What excites you
- Leading high risk products with real high reward impact: Your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and worlds largest financial institutions
- Crafting a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy for Plaid’s new products that anticipates future needs to maximize impact
- Working closely with cross functional partners to dig through finance’s complex challenges—and reimagining the experience completely
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
- Mentoring other engineers into senior roles and establishing a culture of technical excellence
What excites us
- 8+ years of deep industry experience building and iterating on products for top-tier teams
- Persistent problem solvers with a consistent track record of building interesting projects
- Production experience designing and shipping highly reliable backend systems and APIs
- A record of mentoring experienced engineers around you and helping them grow
- A background in startups is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.