Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe and Coinbase to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
Plaid’s Finance team plays a critical role in intelligently managing our risks and implementing the proper long-term business strategy. The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring our billing and revenue recognition processes run smoothly and scale with the growth in the business. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your business acumen as well as your understanding of revenue operations. The ideal candidate for this role will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners to keep the business ahead of emerging accounting issues. This role will initially report to the Head of Accounting.
What Excites You
- Review new customer contracts for revenue recognition considerations
- Own billing and revenue close for Plaid subsidiaries (e.g. Quovo, international subsidiaries)
- Prepare new customer contracts for billing within Plaid’s proprietary billing system
- Partner with billing engineering and product teams to gather requirements for changes to the billing system; collaborate with billing engineering and go-to-market teams to align on priorities
- Maintain comprehensive view of Plaid’s order-to-cash process and constantly seek process improvements
- Collaborate with A/R accountant to ensure timely collections and responses to customer inquiries
- Devise, maintain, and communicate A/R success metrics
What Excites Us
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in a high-growth environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with NetSuite
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.