Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, you will work at the intersection of technology and finance on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. You will join a small but talented team of lawyers. We deal with novel issues every day that will give you an opportunity to work collaboratively across Plaid’s compliance, product, and business teams, as well as with our customers and partners.
The primary focus of this role is commercial contracts, but you will have opportunities to learn about and assist on a variety of legal matters, including matters relating to data licensing, data security, privacy, patents, trademarks, and open source software.
What Excites You
- Drafting and negotiating agreements of all types, including complex data licensing agreements, innovative partnership deals, and long-term bank relationships
- Designing, building, and improving legal department processes as we scale
- Collaborating on a wide range of regulatory, privacy, consumer protection, intellectual property, and other legal issues that shape our business and the entire FinTech ecosystem
What Excites Us
- 5+ years of experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on M&A or similar corporate deals and/or a variety of commercial deals such as cloud software sales, reseller agreements, and distribution partnerships
- Experience with privacy, data security, and intellectual property law is a plus
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Comfortable navigating complicated and nuanced legal issues
- JD degree, admitted to the California bar in good standing (or will be able to meet the eligibility and employment requirements of the California bar as a registered in-house counsel), exceptional academic credentials
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.