Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Implementation is responsible for guiding and helping customers integrate with Plaid products and technology. Implementation works closely with Account Management and Solution Engineers, and will also interface with many other teams internally such as Product, Engineering and Support. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation phase in the customer lifecycle. This stage is incredibly important in the success of our clients, as for many, their Plaid integration is the foundation of their application and / or platform.
You will be an expert in Plaid’s current product offering, learning how to work with and leverage the Plaid API. You’ll work with clients to answer their product or integration questions. When technical issues arise, you’ll leverage internal tools, teams, and resources to ensure customers meet their development / integration milestones. In collaboration with Account Managers, you will support clients as they test, pilot and launch their Plaid integrations. Members of the Implementation team are expected to manage many implementations / customers simultaneously, and to stay up to date on Plaid’s technological improvements and new product offerings.
What you'll do
- Work with companies from all over the financial industry to build out applications or platforms across a variety of different verticals and use cases including (but not limited to), lending, wealth management, financial management, account opening, student loan refinancing, fraud detection, etc.
- Serve as the lead technical point of contact for clients throughout the implementation phase, tracking progress towards key milestones to ensure successful and timely launches
- Partner with Account Managers and Solution Engineers to support clients in building out end to end workflows that align with Plaid’s best practices
- Support ongoing testing efforts by troubleshooting and providing technical insights
- Work cross-functionally to improve client experience as they build with Plaid, identifying process improvements, as well as capturing, and communicating, customer feedback to our Product and Engineering Teams
What excites us
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a client facing and / or technology focused role
- Experience managing or executing technical projects
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand complex systems (APIs, databases, reporting tools, etc.)
- Continuous desire to improve technical acumen
- Ability to collaborate with different teams and different types of people
- Ability to work under pressure and navigate unexpected roadblocks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.