Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
Plaid is building the infrastructure that powers the future of financial services, and we’re driven by a desire to enable innovation that benefits consumers. Today, one in every four Americans with a bank account has used apps powered by Plaid, and when these people have questions about managing their data, we want to be there to help. Our goal is to provide a platform and support experience that empowers consumers with the tools and knowledge they need to be in control of their financial data.
As a Consumer Support Specialist, you’ll spend the majority of your time interacting with users via email, helping them resolve issues they encounter when using our services. You will be a powerhouse executor, determined to provide a seamless consumer experience to the people who inspired Plaid’s mission: consumers. You’ll also partner closely with Support leadership and Plaid’s existing developer-facing support teams to ensure we’re building and delivering an exceptional support experience. You will be critical in helping build Plaid’s direct-to-consumer voice and share the responsibility for representing that voice both externally and internally, working with Engineering, Product, Design, Growth and Sales teams. Success in this role is reflected by the success of the Consumer Support team: high quality responses, satisfied users, and happy team members.
What excites you:
- Directly supporting and working with users. You are extremely empathetic, and can balance that with the honesty required to provide an exceptional support experience.
- Working in a fast-paced, high-autonomy workplace. You’re motivated by collaboration, but you also love to get “in the weeds” and solve problems of your own volition.
- Financial empowerment and equality. We don’t expect you to be a Plaid expert just yet, but you should have a good sense of why what we’re doing here matters!
- Pushing yourself to learn a complex, evolving platform on a technical level so you can educate and help users as they interact with it.
- Being a leader. As a founding member of this team, you recognize that leading with influence rather than authority is typically more effective. You take pride in helping build the foundation of something that will be much bigger than yourself.
What excites us:
- A team player who is genuinely passionate about helping other people
- High EQ and empathy. Exceptional ability to put yourself in the consumers’ shoes will be essential.
- Investigative nature. Creative problem solvers who approach challenges from a point of curiosity and naturally start with “yes.”
- Folks who get excited by the potential of democratizing financial services across the world
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking individuals who enjoy working directly with consumers, solving their problems autonomously in real time or helping them get connected to the person or resource who can
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.