Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
Software Engineer - Product
The product engineering team strives to make interacting with financial data not only better, but delightful. We believe that the key to solving finance’s biggest problems lies in meeting modern user expectations. As the gateway for thousands of applications like Acorns, Stripe, or Venmo, Plaid’s platform calls for innovative problem solvers interested in tackling the complex challenges that exist in the financial ecosystem and scaling developer and user-facing systems to millions of users.
The Plaid Amsterdam office is a small but growing office that has existed since the beginning of 2019. Originally focused on compliance, it is now expanding to include Plaid’s European product and engineering teams. Over the coming year, this office will grow from three people to a team of 10-15, ultimately coming to serve as Plaid’s European headquarters.
You will compose the core of Plaid’s European engineering presence, and will define the engineering culture (and much of the overall culture) of the Amsterdam office. As members of the International team, you will work closely with your San Francisco based counterparts, our European product lead (to be hired), and our London-based go-to-market team. You will help define and execute on our European product vision, working to adapt our existing products to the European market and devising and developing new products unique to Europe.
What excites you
- Working with engineers with an eye for design, and with designers who code
- Being a founding member of an engineering office
- Products with real impact: Your work will touch tens of millions of end users, the best applications in fintech, and major European financial institutions
- Interactive single-page applications, built on modern front-end frameworks like React
- Data visualization and a fantastic data set to work on
- Digging through finance’s complex challenges—and reimagining the experience completely
What excites us
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
- Persistent problem solvers with a strong track record of building interesting projects
- Strong track record of backend engineering skills and passion
- Passion for web projects, backed up by an online presence (e.g., GitHub, Codepen, personal sites)
- UI instincts, but not necessarily the ability to create comps from scratch
- 3+ years of experience building web applications
- A background in startups is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.