Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
The Risk team at Plaid is a cross functional team with deep product and industry knowledge, that designs and maintains controls to mitigate risks, ensure trust in the platform, and enable the business.
Plaid sits in the middle of this ecosystem, and we're the gateway used by our customers to build, test, launch, and scale amazing FinTech applications. In this role, you will be responsible for assessing the design and effectiveness of Plaid’s internal controls that ensure privacy, security, and availability of our API and related underlying infrastructure through internal audits and risk assessments. You will also be the primary point of contact for external security assessments and audit engagements by our enterprise customers and banking partners, working cross functionally with our account management and business development teams.
What Excites You:
- Being part of a highly evolving cross functional team in a rapidly growing organization
- Being a trusted partner to product and engineering teams
- Simplifying and articulating deep technical concepts and requirements into easily understood terms
- Translating compliance requirements into operational procedures
- Building and maintaining highly effective cross functional relationships in an engineering focused organization
What Excites Us:
- Deep understanding of Information Security risk management concepts from both enterprise and start-up perspectives (e.g. ITIL Change Management vs. DevOps Continuous Delivery)
- Deep understanding of security assurance and trust frameworks (SOC 2 - AICPA Trust Service Principles, NIST 800-53, ISO2700x, CSA STAR, etc.)
- Strong understanding of different types of application architectures (e.g. monoliths vs service-oriented architecture), and application deployment models (e.g. on-prem vs. cloud)
- Strong understanding of privacy and data protection laws (CCPA, GDPR, GLBA Privacy and Safeguards Rules)
- Proven ability to understand and contextualize complex technical concepts into ELI5 terms
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining high quality internal policy and procedure documents
- Proven ability to manage projects and deliverables to completion with limited direction
- Experience interacting with external auditors and explaining deep technical concepts
- Experience working extremely cross functionally in a fast moving, engineering focused organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.