Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
Sales - Enterprise
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe and Coinbase to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Our Sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services can benefit from better financial technology, and that many industries that don't currently consider themselves to be fintech actually are.
You'll be the individual helping us achieve this vision. Your focus will be on generating new enterprise deals and building strong, long-lasting relationships with large companies. You'll be tasked with identifying and closing major deals across verticals in financial services, utilities, billing, insurance, and more.
What you'll do
- Identify potential customers and run the end-to-end sales process
- Build and maintain relationships with enterprises, from executives to product teams and to developers
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to define and execute our sales strategy
What excites us
- Significant experience (7+ years of quota-carrying experience) in a new-revenue role and a strong track record of closing enterprise-level deals (3+ years focused on enterprise customers) with large target customers
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills; consultative sales approach with a product-centric mindset
- Experience working with sales development and deploying a territory or vertical focused revenue strategy
- Interest in financial services products and a desire to create strategic relationships that help our customers succeed
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs
We'd love to hear from you! Apply via our jobs API (below) or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume, LinkedIn, and a short description of your relevant background and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.