Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create this next generation of financial services applications. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system. Plaid’s infrastructure handles millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. We pride ourselves on maintaining a robust API to support the developers who depend on us and the millions of consumers who use their apps.
As an Engineering Manager in our Salt Lake City office, you'll lead a nimble team of engineers responsible for monitoring the health of our integrations with financial institutions, building out tooling to support integration development and improving our developer security posture. This team supports the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure and is responsible for connecting millions of bank accounts and billions of transactions to Plaid.
Our engineering culture is IC-driven. We favor bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our incredibly talented team. We're looking for managers who will enable our engineers to find innovative solutions to challenges. Finally, you'll work closely with our Head of Engineering and other engineering managers to build an organizational structure and processes that scale as we continue to grow.
We're guided by our principles including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Recruiting, growing, and enabling an incredible team of driven engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership and impact
- Fostering a collaborative culture that embodies our principles and empowers users
- Mentoring and developing your team of engineers, helping them identify opportunities to take risks and fail fast
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to “make it better”
- Working with other engineer managers and function leads to set the direction for your team, the engineering department, and Plaid as a whole
- Crafting a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs
What excites us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with significant experience as a software engineer
- A good technical sense with specific experience working on scalability issues
- A willingness to roll your sleeves up and code when needed
- Passion for cultivating highly functioning teams and organizations
- A record of leveling up your reports and providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for growth
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to headcount planning
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.