Infrastructure and API's to power FinTech
Security Engineer$135k – $180k • 0.0% – 0.1%
We were the first to release account number tokenization through our partnership with Stripe, first to create end-to-end tokenization of consumer financial data, and first to write the spec that several top-five financial institutions are now implementing to permission consumer and business financial data. At Plaid, proper security is an asset and a product, not just something to be scared of.
What excites you:
- Regularly assessing the threat model for both our existing production code and systems that are in development
- Having a thorough understanding of our products and implementations to balance the need to increase product development and manage security risk
- Being an integral part of the engineering team by shipping production-level code while also serving as a security resource to the rest of the team
- Ensuring our policies and procedures are best-in-class and forward-thinking
- Handling incident response when a security event occurs
- Proactively researching new attack vectors as applications and infrastructure changes
- Developing general techniques and frameworks that will enable other engineering teams to find flaws before they are introduced into production
- Being responsible for external messaging of security processes and systems and keeping up-to-date with industry developments
Top-notch medical, life, dental, and vision insurance.
We think everyone at Plaid should feel ownership over their work—literally.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep you well-fed and healthy.
Monthly wellness stipend (gym on us).
Whether you drive, bike, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
We encourage Plaid employees to pursue personal development and growth.
Bringing people together
We foster an inclusive workplace at Plaid. Whether it’s our biweekly Plairings, Diversity & Inclusion events, regular team outings, or our annual retreat, we want there to be a little something for everyone.
Building a more efficient and inclusive financial infrastructure—together
Our values guide everything from how we treat each other to how we make decisions.
Plaid at a glance
Plaid focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Software, Developer Tools, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Plaid has raised $309.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.