Dream about, plan and prepare for things to to do in life
Data Scientist, Growth
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Data Scientist within the Growth Product Analytics and Data Science team, you will leverage data and automation to help Pinterest solve impactful business, marketing, and growth problems such as SEO, email & push notifications targeting, and lifetime value forecasting, churn prediction, causal inference, and more. We’re looking for a data scientist to help us connect Pinners to actionable content that improves the Pinner experience.
What you’ll do:
- Perform deep dive analyses to understand and optimize the key levers of our growth ecosystems
- Design core metrics that serve as the North Stars for team efforts and model tradeoffs across product areas
- Apply statistics, modeling and ML to improve the efficiency of systems and relevance algorithms across Growth Initiatives
- Work with product managers and engineers to design data products and debug A/B experiments
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of industry experience with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web scale data
- Expert in at least one scripting language(Python/R)
- Proficient in SQL/Hive
- Proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems
- Knowledgeable about the machine learning trade-offs and model evaluation
- Ability to lead initiatives across multiple product areas and communicate findings with leadership and product teams
Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family. Sponsored One Medical memberships for you and your family [US Only]. Mental health benefits, including free sessions with a therapist.
4 months of paid parental leave that parents can take at any time over the course of a year — and we encourage both mothers and fathers to take it.
Unlimited PTO for employees in the US
Pinterest at a glance
Pinterest focuses on Social Media, Internet, E-Commerce, Advertising, and Social Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Pinterest has raised $1.449B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.