Dream about, plan and prepare for things to to do in life
Data Engineer, SEO
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Specifically, our Growth Search Traffic team is on a mission to make Pinterest the best destination for search engines users. This is the opportunity to join the team that brings a great deal of users to Pinterest. We’re looking for a data engineer to help us architect and build the systems to identify the best content on Pinterest and publish it to the search engines.
What you’ll do:
- Build scalable and reliable systems that process big data
- Work with teams across the Growth organization to achieve creative products that help improve content sharing, user-to-user communication and user retention
- Ensure we have the right data and work with the team to develop workflows to supply the data
- Continue to expand our SEO experimentation framework to understand the impact of our content selection, interlinking changes and more
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of data engineering experience, preferably in Growth teams
- Strong experience writing reliable, low-maintenance and powerful code that may be used by many other engineers
- Desire to understand search engine ecosystems and learn metrics-driven approach to software development
Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family. Sponsored One Medical memberships for you and your family [US Only]. Mental health benefits, including free sessions with a therapist.
4 months of paid parental leave that parents can take at any time over the course of a year — and we encourage both mothers and fathers to take it.
Unlimited PTO for employees in the US
Pinterest at a glance
Pinterest focuses on Social Media, Internet, E-Commerce, Advertising, and Social Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Pinterest has raised $1.449B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.