Dream about, plan and prepare for things to to do in life
Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Content Signals
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
On the Content Signals team, you’ll be responsible for building machine learning signals from NLP and CV components to productionizing the end product in batch and real-time setting at Pinterest scale. Our systems offer rich semantics to the recommendation platform and enable the product engineers to build deeper experiences to further engage Pinners. In understanding structured and unstructured content, we leverage embeddings, supervised and semi-supervised learning, and LSH. To scale our systems we leverage Spark, Flink, and low-latency model serving infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Apply machine learning approaches to build rich signals that enable ranking and product engineers to build deeper experiences to further engage Pinners
- Own, improve, and scale signals over both structured and unstructured content that bring tens of millions of rich content to Pinterest each day
- Drive the roadmap for next-generation content signals that improve the content ecosystem at Pinterest.
What we’re looking for:
- Deep expertise in content modeling at consumer Internet scale
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and with partner engineering teams
- Expert in Java, Scala or Python
Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family. Sponsored One Medical memberships for you and your family [US Only]. Mental health benefits, including free sessions with a therapist.
4 months of paid parental leave that parents can take at any time over the course of a year — and we encourage both mothers and fathers to take it.
Unlimited PTO for employees in the US
Pinterest at a glance
Pinterest focuses on Social Media, Internet, E-Commerce, Advertising, and Social Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Pinterest has raised $1.449B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.