Dream about, plan and prepare for things to to do in life
Data Science and Analytics Technical Lead, Offline Experimentation
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet. The key to understanding how innovation on the product will change our business is through measurement, and the faster we can evaluate these ideas, the faster we can innovate! Experimentation is at the core of this evaluation - both online (obtaining feedback from Pinners through their engagement with changes) and offline (obtaining labels from human evaluators or Pinners on questions about the content or change). We are looking for a highly technical Data Scientist to lead our science effort in defining and evolving the impact that can be achieved through offline experimentation. As Pinterest evolves the number of surfaces where offline evaluation plays a crucial role in evaluating our innovation. This role is a technical lead position with the possibility of direct management depending on the experience of the candidate.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our science investments to solve key measurement challenges involving offline evaluation data - from increasing the sensitivity of measurement within a budget-constrained system to defining the approach we take to create a meaningful measurement of the value a new product innovation will provide to Pinners or advertisers
- Collaborate with engineering leaders and product partners to build and evolve the tools that enable us to capture and interpret offline evaluation data
- Act as a thought leader in the offline experimentation space - build a roster of high-impact analytical opportunities and partner with engineering leads and product managers to define the future direction and strategy for increasing the value offline experimentation provides to the company
- Mentor data scientists and analysts by providing continuous and candid feedback, recognizing individual strengths and contributions and flagging opportunities to improve performance
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field with 6+ years of industry experience and a proven track record of applying statistical methods to solve real-world problems using big data
- Experience working with experimentation, measurement or human evaluation platforms and a past experience related to the evolution of these platforms
- Demonstrated execution and impact on initiatives that cross multiple product areas and interface with leadership and product teams
- Demonstrated expertise in leading, influencing, and (preferably) managing others
- Passion for management and influencing the career of others
- Self-propelled continuous learner who keeps up with new tools and methodologies and builds prototypes with concepts learned
- Expert in Python or R
Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family. Sponsored One Medical memberships for you and your family [US Only]. Mental health benefits, including free sessions with a therapist.
4 months of paid parental leave that parents can take at any time over the course of a year — and we encourage both mothers and fathers to take it.
Unlimited PTO for employees in the US
Pinterest at a glance
Pinterest focuses on Social Media, Internet, E-Commerce, Advertising, and Social Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Pinterest has raised $1.449B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.