A Globally Scalable HTAP Database
Technical Support Manager$120k – $170k
PingCAP is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By building TiDB, a globally scalable hybrid transactional and analytical database and one of the most popular open source database in the world (don’t take our word for it, check it out: https://github.com/pingcap/tidb), which enables companies to painlessly scale their business while keeping the underlying infrastructure simple. Our product has been trusted and verified by web-scale application leaders and adopted by over 1000 users across industries. We’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of TiDB. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the database for the future!
About The Role:
- We are looking for a Technical Support Manager to lead our global team of incredible Technical Support Engineers. Ideally, you’re focused on serving customers by caring deeply about their needs, frustrations, and overall satisfaction with their interactions with PingCAP. You recognize that the best way to do this is to invest in the well-being, personal development, and professional skill-set of your team. You’re motivated by seeing your people and your customers succeed and you care deeply about both. Values matter to you; you’re someone who enjoys solving challenging problems and who is driven to empower others to thrive and not be beholden to one playbook.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 10 years of technical support and service management experience with a minimum of 5-6 years in a supervisory role is required.
- Experience in technical support of databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, etc) or big data systems (Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Spark, etc).
- Docker/Kubernetes knowledge a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites.
What you will get to do:
- Lead from the front. You will be able to get hands-on to be able to guide the team on technical questions related to TiDB.
- Hire and train new employees while coaching and developing your existing team.
- Manage a team of technical support engineers who assist our customers.
- Build and improve the current customer support systems and processes, increasing efficiency, and plan for the future growth and support of PingCAP’s customer base.
- Collaborate with other customer facing teams to meet the needs of customers, proactively addressing issues as they arise, and managing customer escalations when things sometimes go wrong.
- Deliver quality service to customer's requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate enhancement and feature requests with product and engineering teams.
What you will gain:
- Opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go
- Working with a globally team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- In-office catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
PingCAP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
PingCAP at a glance
PingCAP focuses on Open Source, Databases, Software, Cloud Data Services, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, PingCAP has raised $65M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.