A Globally Scalable HTAP Database
Software Engineer, Cloud$150k – $170k
PingCAP is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By building TiDB, a globally scalable hybrid transactional and analytical database and one of the most popular open source database in the world (don’t take our word for it, check it out: https://github.com/pingcap/tidb), which enables companies to painlessly scale their business while keeping the underlying infrastructure simple. Our product has been trusted and verified by web-scale application leaders and adopted by over 1000 users across industries. We’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of TiDB. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the database for the future!
About The Role:
- We are looking for a Software Engineer, Cloud. You will have the opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go. The Cloud Product Engineer will be someone that possesses unique engineering talent and is excited about the opportunity to join the PingCAP team, build our DB-as-a-service solution, and help transform the future of the database industry.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix administration
- Production level experience with containers and cloud-native/microservices architecture
- Experience with container orchestration technology, e.g. Kubernetes, a major plus
- Experience in using and automating operations using Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Experience with web server, distributed system, load balancing, and system monitoring
What you will get to do:
- Build, orchestrate, and maintain an enterprise-grade DB-as-a-service offering of TiDB (https://github.com/pingcap/tidb)
- Help deliver the TiDB-as-a-service offering in our customer’s cloud environment, leveraging container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Deliver application level root-cause analysis
- Coordinate enhancement and feature requests with product and engineering teams
What you will gain:
- Opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go
- Working with a globally team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- In-office catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
PingCAP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
PingCAP at a glance
PingCAP focuses on Open Source, Databases, Software, Cloud Data Services, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, PingCAP has raised $65M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.