Creating frictionless authentication and fraud detection for voice interactions
Principal Software Engineer
The Pindrop engineering team solves tough problems and invents new ways to battle fraud using big data and machine learning in the cloud. We are looking for a Principal Backend Software Engineer to join the Data Analytics team as we continue to develop new ways to fight fraud and improve security in voice channels.
The team is responsible for services that process billions of non-audio data events and contribute to our fraud detection and authentication capabilities. Key responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring high-performance, scalable APIs consumed by both cloud and on premise clients
- Working with research scientists to design, develop, and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning models to detect fraudsters and positively identify genuine actors
- Applying experience and knowledge of industry best practices to support and continuously improve the performance, efficiency, and maintainability of existing applications
what you’ll do
- Work with a growing team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve brand new software components and microservices
- Refactor existing systems and architect new solutions
- Develop applications in Golang and Python on top of a modern cloud focused platform
- Maintain and manage services running in our Kubernetes platform
- Develop and maintain AWS native services using products such as Kinesis, DynamoDB, and S3
- Deliver production ready code from start to finish
- Continuously improve service architecture
- Create and maintain DataDog monitors
- Review code to maintain quality with an eye towards performance, scale, and security
- Work with multiple teams to implement company wide solutions
- Assist in leading the full development life cycle of projects within the team
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Contribute to establishing and improving software engineering best practices
- Help team members grow their technical expertise through mentoring and coaching
- Be a role-model to engineers throughout the Engineering department
who you are
- 10+ Years of Software engineering experience
- Strong expertise in multiple programming languages such Python, Go, Java or C++
- Experience building Distributed and Scalable architectures
- Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms and Concurrency
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of different Data Storage technologies such as Redis, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge of Docker and container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS managed services such as S3, ElastiCache and DynamoDB
- Experience with service monitoring solutions such as DataDog
- Proven track record of providing stable and secure code in production environments
what we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and thus the future of security in the voice driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company holidays
- Paid time off
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with 401k match
- Health plans
- Continued education budget (certifications, conferences, etc.)
- Flex schedules
- Best in class tools
- Paid commuter options
- Fun outings to celebrate our accomplishments as a team
- All the good karma you can rack up for fighting bad guys (our conference rooms are named after the ones we’ve busted)
who we are
Pindrop is a company founded on research and continues to innovate new ideas to market. Our solutions are leading the way to the future of voice by establishing the standard for security, identity, and trust. Pindrop products secure the future of voice, making technology more human from the call center to IoT devices.
what we live by
Pindrop is driven by our DEPTH values. These are reflected in our goals and the base of our team’s peer awards.
Act with Deliberate urgency.
Create Evangelical customers.
Passionate about the fight.
Playing for the Team.
Make Hard easy.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.
Health & wellness
We offer excellent medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage options, and 401k plan.
Learning & development
We take career goals seriously, investing in opportunities for you to refine your craft with conference budgets, lunch and learns, and other training.
One of our most important values is “Playing for the Team.” Get to know your team, and the rest of your coworkers with game nights, offsite events, and team challenges.
Vibrant & fun workspace
At our headquarters in the heart of vibrant Midtown Atlanta, enjoy a creative, open workspace with free snacks, catered lunch on Fridays, and more.
Pindrop at a glance
Pindrop focuses on Mobile, Cloud Computing, Security, Audio, and Telephony. Their company has offices in Atlanta and London. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Pindrop has raised $122M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2016.