You're working. The internet should be too. Internet service designed with your business in mind
Sales Development Representative
Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don't have to. As a Sales Development Representative, you'll join a small but growing team initiating and managing top-of-funnel sales into prospects in the tech startup and e-commerce spaces. This role can be located in either San Francisco or Nashville.
What we’re building
Every business in the world has to manage its finances, and it’s a terrible, expensive, and slow process. There's no best-in-class bookkeeping or accounting firm that everyone uses because it delivers a service of unmatched quality and integrates with the tools and workflows to run your business as it grows. Pilot is changing that. Our approach is to pair you, the client, with one of our finance experts. Under the hood, we use software to make it possible for our finance experts to do the work incredibly reliably and accurately every time—in a way, our engineers are building the Iron Man suit for our finance team. Which means that our customers, business owners across America, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping is being done well.
- Achieve and consistently exceed sales goals
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects, and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Facilitate and create top of funnel sales opportunities from both inbound and outbound sales efforts
- Qualify prospective customers while answering complex financial questions
- Understand and own the information regarding Pilot’s numerous financial service offerings
- Work cross-functionally with our marketing, product, and finance teams - echoing the voice of the customer and providing constructive and actionable feedback to the team
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of experience in a B2B software sales, marketing, or recruiting role
- Or 2+ years of experience in public accounting (Big Four strongly preferred) or industry accounting
- Independent self-starter looking for coaching and mentorship. You want to be great at sales!
- Ability to work high volume in a fast paced, team environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system
- Very strong bonus: Accounting/finance background
Pilot is a fast-growing team of 130 based in San Francisco and Nashville. The company’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions by Oracle and Dropbox. Employees are trusted with a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. Everybody has the chance to impact Pilot and its customers meaningfully. We offer competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) program. At Pilot, we are enthusiastically pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. However, we do encourage applicants of all backgrounds and identities to apply. Pilot also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Pilot.com at a glance
Pilot.com focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Professional Services, Accounting, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Nashville. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Pilot.com has raised $58.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019 at a valuation of $355M.