Empowering communities to adopt sustainable technologies through transparency and choice
Sales Development Representative (Energy Associate)$35k – $55k • No equity
Full Time - Entry Level - Los Angeles, CA/Remote (This role is based out of our LA office, but as we are currently working remotely, this job will begin as a fully remote position. For the right candidate, we’re open to making this a fully remote position.)
Pick My Solar is on a mission to change how solar is bought and sold.
We are the nation’s only managed marketplace for solar. We connect homeowners with the best contractors in their area and facilitate their solar project at a lower cost and without the headaches of alternative options.
Behind our marketplace is a team of incredible people. People committed to building the future of clean energy solutions while maintaining our core values of transparency, choice, and trust. We believe at the intersection of our team and our mission we provide the best customer experience in the industry. Pick My Solar is well positioned for growth as well. We’re the trusted solar marketplace of several major utility companies and large OEMs, such as LG. Our footing in the industry is strong and we’re looking for people to help facilitate our growth.
Working in a fast-growing company does not come without its challenges, but if you enjoy solving problems, impacting change, and innovating in an emerging market, then Pick My Solar is the company for you.
About the role:
Sales Development Representatives (SDR) are often the first point of contact for a customer in the Pick My Solar experience. Presenting a friendly and informative face for the company is an integral part of the solar experience. There are no cold calls with this role. Every lead has registered and engaged with our platform before being introduced to the SDR. As a team, we’re always looking to improve and educate ourselves to constantly be providing the best solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a highly motivated person with excellent communication skills who can deliver world-class experiences for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Reach out to new registrations and engage them in the solar process.
- Manage and optimize our new registration process.
- Answer customer questions and requests through email, phone, and text channels in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow up with old and new customers relentlessly to introduce as many people as possible to Pick My Solar.
- Maintain an up-to-date and properly managed CRM and inbox.
- Become a complete solar expert, staying up-to-date on all relevant market trends.
- Assist in improving processes and user experience.
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience in sales, customer service, or another customer-facing role is a plus.
- Prior experience in the solar industry is a plus.
- Prior experience in a start-up atmosphere is a plus.
- Strong organization skills and extraordinary attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Positive and collaborative attitude, applied with customers and colleagues alike.
- Adaptive mindset to impact other areas of the business and shift priorities as the business needs grow and change.
- Strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the larger goals and initiatives of Pick My Solar.
- Multiple languages is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours a plus.
About Pick My Solar
As we aim to empower our customers along their solar journey, we also aim to empower our employees. We believe every employee has a voice and encourage innovation across the board. Our work environment is fast-paced and collaborative. We’re building something special and we want every employee to be able to contribute to that. We also offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Healthcare, dental & vision Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity for growth
Pick My Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and the overall tech industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. The information collected from the application helps us ensure that we are meeting our goal of an equitable and diverse team.