Empowering teams with EHR data and collaborative tools to drive clinical outcomes
Front End Engineer$60k – $120k • 0.0% – 3.0%
Phrase Health is seeking a front end engineer who is interested in transforming how medical knowledge is managed and analyzed.
Phrase Health is an award-winning, early-stage, revenue-generating company providing cloud-based software for informatics, quality, and clinical teams within health systems. The idea for the company was developed by two physician co-founders who identified a need in their day to day work as informaticists at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. While struggling to use existing tools to help increase the effectiveness and usefulness of data stored in Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, they started a research initiative that became Phrase Health. Since then the product team has grown to include engineers, designers and customer support representatives. We’re excited to continue our growth!
We're actively seeking an engineer to help us deliver more efficient, safe, and quality care to patients. Our ideal candidate would look forward to working with the team to:
- Shape new product and feature development
- Leverage our design team and network of Human Factors experts to improve the user experience
- Work with our customer success team to conduct interviews in order to generate user feedback for the product
- Shape the technologies and processes in place to drive a successful product
This role will be mostly focused on building new product functionality as well as helping out as we migrate our existing AngularJS application to a modern framework. Our APIs are powered by a NodeJS Express application backed by Postgres.
The Phrase team is looking for a front end engineer with the following skills:
- 2+ years of experience
- Self starter who enjoys setting their own agenda
- Ability to communicate engineering problems and solutions to technical and non-technical team members
- A desire to build quality products in an iterative and lean process using software engineering best practices
- Experience working with a single page application framework or library such as Vue, React or Angular(7+)
- Experience working with CSS and SASS/SCSS
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
Meet your team
We can provide healthcare benefits depending on the needs of the individual joining us.
One of our founders just had a child (yay!) and has been able to stay at home with his daughter as much as he likes. Moreover, that includes working from home whenever is convenient.
In addition to cash remuneration, we hope our new employees also own the company and have as much passion for it as we do.
We enjoy getting together in the office, but sometimes life requires us to camp out at home for the day (or week).
Work hard, play hard. If you believe in the company and our team like we do, we'll have to remind you to take time off!
"phrase praise" pizza parties!
We recognize the importance of celebrating personal or professional wins and are quick to send "Phrase Praise" each others' way. What better way to acknowledge that than a team pizza party?
Keep it casual
When we're with clients, we keep up appearances. Otherwise, some of our best work might come in a t-shirt and sweats.