Cloud-based Digital Asset Management platform
Software Engineer (Back-End)
* Design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
* Strong knowledge of PHP, Linux, and SQL
* Strong knowledge of databases: stored procedures, triggers, indexes, table normalization and design.
* Comfortable with both object oriented and procedural programming methodologies.
* Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
* Experience with lower-level programming languages (e.g. C, C++).
* Experience with PostgreSQL, Sphinx Search, Redis.
* Experience with network programming, BSD sockets, daemons and distributed systems.
* Experience with image processing (e.g. DCRAW, imagemagick, exiftool, nconvert).
* Experience with video processing (e.g. ffmpeg).
* Experience with high-volume, high-performance websites.
* Passionate about programming and producing high-quality, efficient and scalable code.
* Love of photography
* BS/MS in engineering/computer science and significant work experience.
* Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team.
* 3+ years of programming in a scalable production environment
* All candidates will be given a programming test to assess skill level
* The opportunity to author your own chapter in the PhotoShelter story, having a major impact on the company successfully navigating our biggest growth period.
* An inspired environment. Inc. Magazine named PhotoShelter one of the fastest growing companies in the US and we’ve been awarded one of the Best Places to Work in NYC by Internet Week with special recognition for our employee happiness scores.
* Visual Media industry expertise through exposure to amazing photographers and videographers and new trends in the industry.
* Brews. We brew our own beer (dubbed BrewShelter) as well as cold brew coffee.
* Location. Beautiful views of Trinity Church, The Hudson & East rivers and the Financial District.
* Food. Lots of it. Always. Usually in combination with photo slideshows and team events.
* Benefits. We offer the usual good stuff. Competitive salary, 401(k) with company match, insurance coverage (health, dental and vision, life), 28 PTO days from year 1, and commuter benefits.
insurance coverage (health, dental and vision, life)
401(k) with company match
We brew our own beer (dubbed BrewShelter) as well as cold brew coffee.
Lots of it. Always. Usually in combination with photo slideshows and team events.
Brand new office space in the Financial District with views of Trinity Church and the Hudson River.
Exposure to amazing photographers and trends in the industry
PhotoShelter at a glance
PhotoShelter focuses on E-Commerce, Photography, Software, and Digital Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, PhotoShelter has raised $4.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2007.