Game-changing low cost nanosatellite launch
Vice President of Operations10.0% – 10.0%
The Vice President of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems. We are seeking an individual with corporate-level experience and a desire to be part of a team creating a next generation “green” low-cost space launch company. The individual will play an essential role developing strategy and plans as we expand our team, relocate to new facilities and seek our next series of investment funding to position the company for future growth. Performance in this role is critical during and beyond the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. The VP Operations will receive equity as a performance incentive and provide the individual with a stake in the company’s success. Salaried compensation will be put in place upon closing our next funding round and is open to negotiation with the specific applicant.
The start date for this position is immediate, with remote work prior to then and compensation in the form of company equity. Applicants should plan for the possibility of remote work into late summer due to the ongoing challenges from COVID-19.
VP of Operations Job Responsibilities:
• Work with the COO to oversee day-to-day company operations including remote, international employees and interns.
• Define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processes.
• Coordinate with the COO to manage the quarterly and annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities.
• Monitor performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all phases of operations.
• Coordinate support to operations throughout the business.
• Interview, hire, train, and mentor the operations management team.
• Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership team.
VP of Operations Qualifications/Skills:
• Proven track record as a team leader with an understanding of management practices
• Demonstrated project and budget management skills
• Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles, especially in aerospace or manufacturing
• Analytical problem-solving skills with an attention to detail and optimizing process reliability
• Working with the COO to set overall strategy and drive process improvement
• Obviously, excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment
• Proficiency in commonly-used business software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred but we place the highest value on real-world experience
• 5-10 years’ supervisory experience in operations or related field in aerospace or manufacturing industries
• Multi-team management experience
• Previous P&L responsibility preferred
Two weeks of sick leave per year and more than that if needed for medical procedures.
Two weeks per year vacation days which roll over year to year.
Company team events
Trips to space launch events, conferences, museums and simple afternoons away from the office that encourage employees to build personal relationships on top of the workplace dynamic.
Flexible hours and work from home
We work with each employee to ensure a work schedule that supports a healthy work-life balance, including working from home.
Phoenix Launch Systems at a glance
Phoenix Launch Systems focuses on Aerospace, Space Launch, Space Propulsion, and Space Satellites. Their company has offices in Las Vegas. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Phoenix Launch Systems has raised $625K of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.