Accelerating and simplifying AI solutions of enterprises worldwide with the Petuum Advantage
Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Software Engineer – Infrastructure
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
What We Do:
Company:We create AI software that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Build the distributed AI/ML backend for cloud and on-prem based on K8s technology.
- Carry and optimize AI/ML workloads.
- Create enterprise security, logging, monitoring and messaging services.
- Keep up with the latest technologies in distributed computing and cloud technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Strong performance with tuning and debugging.
- Experience with Linux system programming and multi-threading programming.
- Familiarity with machine learning workflows is a plus.
- Experience with distributed file/object storage systems is a plus.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C/C++, Go
- Databases: Cloud development experience such as AWS, Azure, and GCP is a plus
- Platforms: Linux
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes experience is a plus
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.
Petuum at a glance
Petuum focuses on Enterprise Software, Healthcare, Medical, Cloud Computing, and Analytics. Their company has offices in Sunnyvale and Pittsburgh. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Petuum has raised $108M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.