Accelerating and simplifying AI solutions of enterprises worldwide with the Petuum Advantage
Model Predictive Control Engineer
Title: Model Predictive Control Engineer
What We Do:
Company: We create AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- You will be working with world class AI / ML team to build better predictive control system
- Design and implement AI / ML based predictive control systems
- Work with industrial customers across various industries to understand their APC / MPC needs
- Moderate travel to various locations to support the Petuum’s overall mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- Master’s degree in engineering; degree in control science is a plus
- 5 years of experience working in advanced process control (APC) or model predictive control (MPC);
- 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Startup experience is a plus
What You Already Know:
- Deep knowledge and working experience on (1) System identification; (2) Signal processing; (3) Control theory
- Proficient in Python
- Basic understanding of machine learning, with focus on time series, sequence models
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.
Petuum at a glance
Petuum focuses on Enterprise Software, Healthcare, Medical, Cloud Computing, and Analytics. Their company has offices in Sunnyvale and Pittsburgh. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Petuum has raised $108M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.