Accelerating and simplifying AI solutions of enterprises worldwide with the Petuum Advantage
Technical Lead - Advanced Data Processing
Team: Advanced Data Processing
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
What We Do:
Company: We create AI software that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
The ADP team is responsible for the data refinery infrastructure that fuels the AI/ML models developed on Petuum’s software product. We are extending our system with more data sources and in more formats as well as with more data transformations. Particularly, we distinguish our offering with AI/Model based transformations to enable fast and comprehensive data understanding and automatic data processing, and eventually to power user friendly experience. You will work with a cross-functional team of world-class UX designers, software engineers and AL/ML scientists to enable use cases for our customers.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical leadership and drive for key results
- Design, architect and prototype key features
- Lead the implementation of features with cross-functional teams
- Lead the development of sound engineering infrastructure and process
- Maintain high-quality code base which is well factored, performant and robust
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other team members across divisions to initiate new features
- Mentor junior engineers on best software development practices.
- Recruit and retain talent in the team, to both grow the team as well as to maintain a productive working culture.
- Minimal travel to various locations to support the Petuum’soverall mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 8+ years of work experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Java, C#, or C++.
- 8+ years of experience with data processing, machine learning and building scalable products or services.
- 5+ years of experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, or ML Lib for production or commercial products in the areas such as: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or AI.
- 5+ years of experience leading development teams and data engineers. Hands-on with coding and doing code reviews with the team.
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations and then into products.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems is highly preferred.
- Experience with opensource software development is highly preferred.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: SQL, Java, Bash/Shell, Python, Scala. Experience with C#, C++, or R is a plus.
- Frameworks/Libraries: TensorFlow, Spark, Hadoop. Experience with Torch/PyTorch, Samza, Caffe, or Storm is a plus.
- Databases: SQL Server or Oracle, AWS Cloud Storage or Microsoft Azure Storage or Google Cloud Storage. Experience with MongoDB, Cassandra, IBM Db2, Amazon Redshift, Apache Hive, or Google BigQuery is a plus.
- Platforms: Experience with Windows Desktop/Server, Openstack/GCS/AWS, Firebase, Azure, Google Cloud Platform/App Engine, IBM Cloud or Watson, or Cuda is a plus.
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes. Experience with GitHub, Flink, Hadoop, or Kafka is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.
Petuum at a glance
Petuum focuses on Enterprise Software, Healthcare, Medical, Cloud Computing, and Analytics. Their company has offices in Sunnyvale and Pittsburgh. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Petuum has raised $108M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.