Responsible credit for the modern world
The Petal mission
At Petal, we’re using fresh thinking and cutting-edge technology to make credit honest, simple and accessible. We use machine learning to analyze more data in our credit decisions, which means more people qualify, even if they’ve never had credit before. And we use behavioral science and smart, intuitive design to offer a simple, customer-centric product that’s engineered to achieve better financial outcomes -- with straightforward terms and no fees whatsoever. The result is an exciting new approach to credit that has the potential to radically expand credit access and improve the lives of millions of consumers, shaking up a trillion dollar industry in the process.
To do this, we’re bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of financial services and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
At Petal, we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
The Designer role
As a designer/animator you will be involved in creating Petal’s visual identity, including consumer-facing social campaigns, advertisements, branded and unbranded content, interactive experiences and other forms of outbound communication. In this role, you will work closely with Petal’s Art Director and Executive Creative Director and the Product Design and the Marketing teams.
- Work closely with Petal’s Art Director and ECD to develop Petal’s creative strategy across the website, social media, printed collateral, and emails.
- Help in establishing a unique look and feel for the credit card company of the future.
- Assist in creating Petal’s ‘Brand Book’ and new assets for go-to-market campaigns.
- Partner with product design to re-design Petal’s website.
- Build out Petal’s asset library of animated ad units.
- Support the Art Director in overhauling Petal’s email design ecosystem.
Characteristics of ideal candidate:
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in the design department for an advertising agency/startup or equivalent.
- Experience leveraging animation to enrich the creative experience of assets
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for design, animation & performance marketing.
- Passion for and interest in consumer finance, financial inclusion, empowerment, and education.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer offerings and/or financial technology products, a plus.
- Collaborative and comfortable working cross-functionally.
- You are proactive, curious, thoughtful, independent.
Health + 401k benefits
Flexible vacation policy
Catered lunches + snacks
Pups at petal
Monthly team outings