Large-scale deployment of automated systems in human-dominated environments
Senior Software Engineer, Sensors
Perceptive Automata is using our understanding of human behavior combined with computer vision and machine learning to help make autonomous vehicles (AV) safer for others on (or near) the road.
We are looking to add a Senior SW Engineer to:
- Oversee selection, installation, and maintenance for the various sensors and other hardware used on our data collection vehicles, including cameras, LIDARs, RADARs, Onboard Data (OBD) systems, and Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs)
- Develop, implement, and test the software that will collect and process the raw data from these sensors into a form that can be integrated with other data sources in our environment.
- Maintain the stream of data that feeds our critical infrastructure.
Sensor drivers, calibration, data capture, serialization, storage, communication and transport of data are the key elements of this position. Bridging the gap between the sensor hardware and the software processing is fundamental to the successful operation of our software on AVs.
Strongly Preferred Skills & Background
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Robotics or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years building software for commercial or research purposes
- Strong Python and C++ programming skills
- Strong communication skills -- both written and verbal
- Experience with a wide range of sensor tools and softwares, including many of the following:
- Variety of cameras, LIDAR, IMUs
- Calibration of cameras and/or depth sensors
- Programmatic interfacing with cameras & sensors
- Efficient storage and collection of large data files
- Experience developing a commercial AV stack
- Comfortable with simple mechanical assembly tasks (e.g. sensor mounting)
- Familiarity with CNNs and other machine learning topics
- Familiarity with ROS or other real-time IPC frameworks
- Experience with Perception, such as:
- Sensor fusion of cameras and/or depth sensors
- Visual Odometry, SfM, SLAM, and extensions with other sensors
- Computational photography
- Year-End week-long shutdown, 3 weeks paid vacation & 11 holidays
- 100% Premium paid health insurance
- Monthly transit or parking benefits provided
- Flexible WFH policies during COVID
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Health care reimbursement account (50% or more of your deductible covered by Perceptive Automata)
- Eye & dental insurance
- Flexible maternal & paternal leave
- Equity-based compensation
- Efficient 401K plan
- Modern urban office space with natural light and greenery
- Lunch provided daily by local restaurants
- Unlimited healthy snacks & beverages
- Journal clubs, guest speakers & learning opportunities
- In-office gaming, board games & books
- Office lending library
- Company outings
- Diverse events organized by team members on an ad-hoc basis
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.
At Perceptive Automata, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes new team members with all experiences and perspectives. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Perceptive Automata at a glance
Perceptive Automata focuses on Automotive, Robotics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Transportation. Their company has offices in Sunnyvale and Somerville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Perceptive Automata has raised $20M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.