High-energy group fitness in your living room
Product Manager, Platform
Peloton is looking for an experienced technical product manager who will lead development of a large portfolio of libraries and services to be used by multiple engineering teams. You will be part of the “Shared libraries development” team within the core infrastructure group.
Peloton engineering employs a service-oriented architecture (think kubernetes) where individual engineering teams are responsible for developing, launching and maintaining their own services (products). In this environment, overlapping functionalities/tools/libraries often get developed by multiple engineering teams. The goal of this role is to understand these commonly occurring functionalities (e.g logging, messaging, caching etc) and work with your own team to transform them into common libraries and services to be used by all.
- Work with multiple client teams to understand technical requirements and Identify opportunities to abstract common functionalities out of all services
- Lead the product strategy, roadmap and execution of shared libraries and services
- Employ user feedback and platform metrics to drive system designs and product prioritization
- Clearly and effectively communicate launches, roadmap status, and services performance across the organization
- Build cross-departmental collaborative relationships with partners that includes engaging them in the goal-setting process, defining high-level priorities and flawless execution
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- Passionate about driving large cross-team projects
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies and at least one OO based language such as Python, Java
- Working knowledge of Confluence and the project workflow in Jira
- Strong communication skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
We offer a top-quality health care package
Flexible work schedule
We offer ample vacation days and flexible work programs to keep up with today’s varied lifestyles and keep you doing your best work.
We have delicious catered team lunches at our headquarters every Friday, plus a kitchen full of healthy snacks (and, we’ll admit it, beer.)
Unlimited cycling classes
Peloton’s “ride anytime” ethos extends to our team, too. Ride for free in our NYC studio, or on our in-office bikes.
We’re proud to offer a substantial yearly tuition reimbursement to help you continue your education and grow professionally.
We work hard but always make time for some fun, like office happy hours, team rides, and company-wide events.
Our generous compensation packages are tailored to look holistically at your personal needs from salary to benefits and more.
Refer a friend
We’re looking for the best people, and team members who help us find them will receive a generous referral bonus.
A brand-new setup
HQ employee? You’ll be supplied with the setup of your dreams at our shiny new Chelsea office – unbox your laptop, headphones, standing desk, etc. on your first day.
Peloton Interactive at a glance
Peloton Interactive focuses on Hardware, Fitness, Video Streaming, Android, and Customer Service. Their company has offices in New York City and Plano. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Peloton Interactive has raised $1.024B of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018 at a valuation of $4.125B.