Changing the game of therapeutics by taking them digital. Online therapy for opioid addiction
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Boston$150k – $190k
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics or PDTs. Pear aims to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including the first three PDTs with disease treatment claims from the FDA. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, for the treatment of substance use disorder, was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of opioid use disorder, was the first PDT to receive Breakthrough Designation. Pear’s third product, Somryst™, for the treatment of chronic insomnia, was the first PDT submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit Pear at www.peartherapeutics.com.
As a Full Stack Staff Software Engineer, you are responsible for designing and developing software, including work on our web client (React), mobile apps (React Native), and backend (node.js/TypeScript/nest.js). You have been at startups before and are comfortable with ambiguity and change. You can make pragmatic decisions about when to accrue additional tech debt and when to pay it off, and are able to effectively communicate the rationale so that our products grow and scale effectively. You can make technology choices and lead small teams of developers to effectively deliver initiatives. You are empathetic, engaged, and excited. This position is remote! We have offices in Boston, San Francisco and Raleigh and would welcome people that are in and around those geographical areas.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Contributing to the entire SDLC, from ideation through post-production maintenance
- Building new products and evolving existing ones
- Being an active member of the hiring team and mentoring other engineers
- Providing technical leadership to influence the future of technology and architecture
- Demonstrating clear vision and an ability to make pragmatic design and delivery choices
- Mentoring, pairing with, and up-leveling other engineers within the Pear organization
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience delivering production software
- Strong testing discipline — you don't have to practice TDD, but you do not ship untested code
- Experience with front-end technologies, including React and/or React Native
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and distributed systems — ideally, you have stewarded monoliths through a decomposition into microservices
- Broad and deep technical skills ranging from backend services and databases through the UI
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- A sense of ownership and a commitment to delivering value to customers — you write code to deliver impact to end users, not to satisfy requirements on a page
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
Pear Therapeutics at a glance
Pear Therapeutics focuses on Biotechnology, Health Care Information Technology, Big Data, Therapeutics, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Boston. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Pear Therapeutics has raised $134M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.